Emotional Mind Tools For Student Success: Showing Up & Being Vulnerable!

 "Real success is in showing upWhen we show up, we are already successful by walking the path our heart desires. Vulnerability is our biggest strength." - Unknown

"It happened at the right moment at the right time! Can you believe it?"

How many times have you thought of a variation of this phrase?  When it happens, you might be thinking how amazing life can really be!

Many of us will have at least one amazing experience like randomly reconnecting with an old friend, finding an answer to something that you have been asking about, going to an new place and a new opportunity opens

How do these moments happen?

When do they happen?

Where will they happen?

The answer is not in the questions.  The answer is in our own ability to follow our gut feelings and just simply show up.

The right place at the right time is simply by showing up!  We don't need to plan who, what, where, when and how we will meet them.  By showing up, we are creating a reality for ourselves where things start to happen.

I know about this intuitively but sometimes it is a good reminder!  I'm not saying it's easy.  But another part that I really want to point out is for me to really acknowledge my own success when I do show up, even if it does not immediately get to where I currently want it to go.

This is the part where vulnerability slips in.  The idea of perfectionism looms over my head and I will slip into a state of wanting to project a certain image.

I think being vulnerable is one of the most courageous thing any human being can be at any given moment in time.  Vulnerability is what allows us to connect with one and another authentically.  

For me, writing about this blog post somewhat exposes my vulnerability because I'm taking a risk to share my personal thoughts and emotions.  It's something that I have been thinking about for awhile.  Speaking my truth is easily one of my biggest fears in life and I am learning that in order for me to be truly authentically me, I need to show up and truly be and love the being that is me.  For me, I will challenge myself to share my vulnerabilities.  I am forever a learner and a advocate of self-worth and self-love.

I want my future students to know that sharing your emotions, being yourself, and being vulnerable is truly courageous.  Also more importantly, to learn how to appreciate and love oneself.  I once heard that you cannot understand and love others until you know the feeling of how to love yourself.

Just show up and you'll never know what you'll discover about yourself and others.

***Thank you for this reminder from my FA!***

Comments