Somethings I learned from the exhibition that I can remember...
- Trust the children!
- Pedagogy of Listening - What happens during the day is not just focused on playing but on listening to each other; interplay of 'relationship and listening'
- Pedagogy of Relationship - Important to create the space, a community, culture, and family with the world
- Power of documentation - What deeper meaning does it have for children? Where do the children's work lead to?
- Image of Child - Capable, inventive, and full of interesting ideas; Competent, capable of leading and suggestions
- Teachers - Teach the 'now' and not the future; Have the image of the child as the role of the teacher
- Environment and materials - acts as a third teacher
- Celebrate students as producers - What do I really value with children? i.e., beauty, materials
- Parents have a huge say in what's going on!
I took many more pictures but unfortunately they are all gone because I broke my Macbook earlier last year and lost everything. These were the only images I could obtain my phone that I recently found...
|Wonderful presenters...Susan & Sue|
|The focus of the Reggio Emilia philosophy of school.|
|Children being creative and making their own instruments.|
|Wishing Tree - what a great idea!|
|Exploring and playing with light, abstracts, and different objects!|
|Children coming up with ideas to create a light catching machine.|
|Here's a sample!|
|Exploring natural art!|
|Mock Setup of a Classroom Space|
|A recommended book to read into!|