Hiatus :*) Be Back Soon!

Happy New Year to all!

I went on an abrupt hiatus and will be back in a two weeks or less!

In the meantime, I have been very interested in the Reggio Emilia approach and philosophy of teaching as well as the MindUp Program.  I would love to go to Italy and visit the city Reggio Emilia one day and tour the schools.  That would be super amazing!  As a growing teacher I am always open to new ways of pedagogy and incorporating what resonates the best into my own philosophy of teaching. Last November, I attended the travelling exhibition in New Westminster and it challenged me to open my eyes and be open to a different way of learning.  We always talk about meeting the needs of every student as best as we can and what works for one child does not necessarily work for another.  Hence, learning about Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and perhaps even Waldorf is something that currently intrigues me. Whatever helps the social-emotional, intellectual/academic, physical, artistic and spiritual growth of our students, well I am up for it!

Take care,
Donna

PS. I will be volunteering at an upcoming professional day workshop 'Literacy Day' at Killarney Elementary School!  I'm super excited to be a part of it.

 Please visit: http://www.literacyday2013.ca/ for more information!

Comments