Practicum Week 5/13 (Recap)

Week 5 started off slow feeling but quickly went by after Wednesday! It's been a busy week and I'm slowly getting close to my mid-point (Yay!) and will soon be teaching 80-100%! I'm super excited but I have to remember to not get too overly excited. There's a lot going on that I have to think about and plan for. These include student led conferences, field-trips, buddy activities, special event activities, assemblies, the look of the bulletin boards, keeping routines consistent, contributing to the school, and assessment. There's more to this list but I also have to make sure my unit plans are completed and lesson plans! Figuring out what you're going to teach is one thing, teaching it is another, prepping it is another and you have to remember all the other stuff in between! :) Teaching sure does keep you on your toes!

This week, we began our focus on 'Fall' related themes such as learning about signs of fall, a fall tree, Thanksgiving, being thankful and making turkeys! We also learned about being a PAL (Protect A Life) from food allergies because one of our students is severely allergic to common food products. They also worked with their buddies on a yellow/orange sun because we were learning the colours orange and yellow!

Here are some pictures for an update!

We read a book on signs of fall and brainstormed signs of fall.  
Amazing work!  
We are going to learn this poem next week! Sung to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down.
 Then we will add hand movements!
We talked about what we are thankful for and read 2 books on being Thankful. 
A rubric for kinders to strive for! :) Inspired by Pinterest!

'Fix You' by Coldplay

We are singing 'Fix You' by Coldplay and adding in sign language.
The students love this song!  It's so cute and a sad song.
It will be incorporated into our Remembrance Day performance! 

Turkey Art Instructions!  Since they cannot read yet, we need to include pictures! :) 
Look at all those turkeys! They did a wonderful job! 
We got our Big Buddies to help us assemble all the other pieces together and write 'Happy Thanksgiving!'
Finished product!  They look so cute!

Here our Big Buddies our helping our little buddies paint!  What a great team!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Professional Development!

We visited the Annual BC Field Trip Fair @ the VanDusen Botanical Garden! :)
I had an opportunity to attend the BCFieldTrip.ca event! I completely forgot to take the many pictures but I picked up many brochures and ideas for when I have my future class!
ALSO!!! I won a free field trip for my class to go to the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre!  This is amazing because that was what my SA wanted to do.  Yay!  I hope I can come back to volunteer and help out.
After a busy week, my special someone delivers to me green onion pancake (freshly made!) and hot milk tea with pearls.  I am so lucky!  Time to relax!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  

Comments